In countries like India, the problem of hard water is quite common and this problem gives birth to many water-borne diseases. People will be amazed to know that the thin water layer in your bathroom, clogged pipelines and watermarks on your utensil after water are some of the signs of hard water. To get rid of these problems we require water softeners. There are many water softener manufacturers indulged providing water softener products with the aim to give you your desired results. This article aims to justify all your queries about hard water and water softeners.
Let’s begin with the common question what is hard water? The number of grains present in per gallon of water, tells about the hardness of the water. If the water has more than one grain per gallon of dissolved minerals like carbonate, manganese, salts etc., then the water is called hard water. The presence of an excess of the above minerals reduces the quality of water and makes it hard.
Problems emerges with hard water
The hard water can give rise to the following written problems
- It can lead to diseases like kidney stones, diabetes, eczema etc. it can also affect the density of bones.
- It can affect some of the household items like it can leave white marks on utensils and clothes.
- It can leave a white thin layer of water on bathroom tiles on bathroom tiles.
- It can make your hair and skin look dry.
The type of water softeners available in the market
Following is the list of type of water softeners available in the market and their features and functions are explained respectively.
- Ion exchange water softener- this water softener is directly connected to the plumbing system of your house. This water softener works by replacing hard minerals like manganese, calcium, carbonate etc with salt which makes hard water soft. The resin beads in water softeners help in replacing these hard minerals with water softening salts.
- Dual Tank water softener- this softener has two tanks. When one stops for recharging the other ensures smooth functioning.
- Salt-free water softener- the salt-free water softeners use potassium chloride to soften water. They are less effective but good for those who are concerned about the intake of sodium. This softener does not reduce the minerals but it prevents the deposit of those minerals on tiles, glasswares etc.
- Electronic and magnetic water softeners- these water softeners help in reversing back the properties of minerals which are responsible for making water hard. They are effective in preventing deposits of minerals in water pipes and on glass wares etc.
These are the four major water softeners available in the market. The most effective one is Ion exchange water softener. The water softener plant manufacturers’ aims to provide the right water softeners which can reduce the hardness of water and further helps to prevent the adverse effects of hard water. So people can deduce the water problem by selecting the right water softener as per their needs and budget.